Christian catacombs: The famous catacombs of Milos, which is the Christian cemetery of the island, lie among the settlements of Klima and Tryliti. They were built at the end of the second century AD and they were used as a cemetery until the end of the 5th century AD. In its todays form they are a total of 3 big underground tunnels that have a length of 185 meters and have an equal number of burial chambers. In these cambers there is a total of 291 tombs that are connected with smaller corridors. The length of the corridors is among 1 and 5 meters and they have a height between 1.5-2.5 meters. In the walls of the chambers and in the walls of the corridors there are carved tombs. The surface of the carved tombs is coated outside with mortar that has a deep blue color. They are decorated with symbols. The visitor have access in chamber B out of the three chambers in total/
Venetian Castle of Milos: At the end of the 15th century a traveler reports that there were two castles in the island. The one was built in Byzantine times in the hill of Profitis Ilias North West for protection from the pirates and it had fifty buildings. It was deserted later on. In 1207 AD the Venetians created in the perimeter of the terrain of Chora a new castle that contained 250 two story buildings, the outside walls of the buildings formed the walls of the castle.
Church Architecture: The oldest church of Milos is the Christian church of Kipos (5th century AD). The second oldest church is in Adamantas. It is the Holy Trinity from the Early Venetians times and it contains rare icons of the Cretan school of icons. In the temple of the Assumption in Adamantas in a three spaced basilica some priceless frescoes are preserved. Also near the catacombs there is a temple of St Nikolas with important icons painted from Emmanuel Skordilis.