Archeological site of Eleftherna: It was founded during Geometrical times, written sources of the 3rd century BC state that it was an ally of Knossos in 220 BC. In 68 BC it was taken by the Romans. In 365 AD it was struck by a powerful earthquake. The findings show the life in the settlement from Geometric to early Byzantine times. The settlement lied between the settlements of modern and ancient Eleftherna. It had 3 sectors. The first sector contained the central residencies, the second sector contained an acropolis and temples and the third sector contained the cemetery.
Archeological site of Apodoulos: In the valley of Amario, in position Gournes there is a palace with three separate buildings (2000-1700 BC) and many findings. In the area near Apodoulos a large number of Mycenaen tombs as well as plenty of offerings were found.
Post Minoan cemetery of Armenon: It is dated during the 13-12th century BC. It lies next to the today’s settlement and it is an organized cemetery containing 250 carved ,tholos family tombs. Most of them were found unharmed with many pottery figurines, bronze weapons, tools and vases in their interior spaces. The offerings are on display in the archeological museum of Rethymno.
Archeological site of Ancient Symvritos: It was a powerful city that was inhabited from Minoan until Early Roman times. Silver coins were found at the spot that were of fine art, they are on display in the museum of Rethymno.
Archeological site of Ancient Axos: It flourished during the Post Roman times until the Byzantine times. There are some remains of the wall as well as some remains of the temple of Venus – Astarti. Also plenty of figurines made out of pottery were found as well as coins that were cut there.
St Antony’s Cave: The interior of the cave was used as a sanctuary of Hermes (2000-1580 BC). It flourished during the period 1050-750 BC, plenty of offerings, figurines, vases and metallic objects of that period were found. These objects are displayed in Heraklio museum. The cave can be visited and inside there is a temple of St Antony.